1 of 2 Patas Monkey cam live-streams available from the Topeka Zoo and KTWU.
Some quick details on Topeka Zoo and Conservation Center's Patas Monkey Family:
*Harry - born May 17, 2014 is the largest of the group. He has red head/hair on top of head. He’s dark and stunning. He is the sharpest looking and has the longest tail.
*Winnie - born May 23, 2005 is grandmother and has a darker face.
*Emma - born November 1, 2004, has a red top that is dark and stunning.
*Freeda is Siku’s mother, born April 9, 2014. She was named after Free day (born on free day at San Francisco) She has a white face.
*Siku (her name means Thursday) was born May 16, 2019 at the Topeka Zoo!
Also sharing this exhibit are Helmeted Guinea Fowl and “Krackle” a Kirk’s Dik Dik (antelope).
Chat: (Must be at least 18 years old to enter chat.)
If you are jumping in to chat - please take a moment to scroll through. It is likely your question has been addressed already. Happy Chatting!
This chat is intended to be an educational and fun environment (a.k.a. #StressFreeZone). There is a simple “Be Nice” policy in place to keep it as such.
Be Nice Policy:
Whether you’re here to ask questions, or to generously share what you know, remember that we’re all here to have fun and learn together.
Some guidelines to help with this policy:
1. Rudeness and belittling language are not okay.
2. No arguing. Please take personal grievances elsewhere.
3. No politics.
4. Be welcoming, be patient, and assume good intentions.
5. Don't be a “jerk”. These are just a few examples. If you see them, let me know:
• Name-calling of chatters or animals (this creates discord in the chats)
• Inappropriate language or attention.
• Harassment and bullying.
6. No bad-mouthing the zoo staff or facility
In summary, have fun, learn about giraffes and be good to each other.